The Problem according to 9 Year Mortgage
9 Year Mortgage knows it’s no secret that most Americans are struggling with their debt. Our country is in a down economy and we as citizens are scraping to make ends meet. There are many great ideas out there on how to reduce your debt, but after reading about how to do it, do you feel drained and overwhelmed? Are the debt reducing strategies more time consuming than you had hoped for? Many times they are, leaving you where you were before reading these so-called “tips”- still in need of a solution.
We understand this is a problem, so 9 Year Mortgage has compiled a list of simple things you can do that will help you save money and start to pay down some of your existing debt. These tips are simple and easy to complete! Pick a few that you feel you can conquer this month and actually do them! If you take baby steps you’re sure to succeed!
9 Year Mortgage Debt Reducing Tips
- Opt for basic TV service — no premium channels
- Shop at second hand stores
- Choose a dial-up Internet connection ($9.95 a month) over high-speed service
- Buy food in bulk to last for months
- Take lunch to work
- Make a budget for the holidays, birthdays, etc., and stick to it
- Apply any bonuses toward debt
- Set the thermostat in winter to 63 degrees
- Set the air conditioner to 79 degrees
- Buy compact fluorescent light bulbs to reduce electric bills
- Take $25 in “walking around” cash each week. When it’s gone, it’s gone
- Keep the credit cards at home
- Shop with a list and buy only what is on the list-avoid looking at anything else, including sale items
- Keep car tuned up to avoid bigger expenses
- Don’t worry about keeping up with the Joneses
- Avoid buying coffee or food “on the go” but instead eat at home whenever possible
- Stay away from vending machines at work
- Don’t play the lottery
- Buy broken bags of mulch and fertilizer at deep discounts.
- When shopping for appliances, buy last year’s model.
- Budget vacations and look for coupons wherever possible.
- Quit addictive habits- Caffeine, smoking, drinking, etc.
- Get rid of your cell phone
- Cancel magazine and newspaper subscriptions
- Take a second job
- Sell unused items on ebay.com
- Go on a clothing, hobby, or treat “fast”
- Read Dave Ramsey’s book “The Total Money Makeover”
- Live like a poor college student
9 Year Mortgage Wraps it Up
Yes, this may all seem too short, sweet, and to the point, but we know you have a busy life. We’ve tried to simplify what will really help you with reducing your expenses. We recommend you do not bite off more than you can chew with these tips. They can help you if you realistically implement them. In the end, it’s really about focus. Determine what your goals are in life. What is your dream? When the temptation arises to spend money that you may not have, ask yourself if you are willing to put off your dream (even if only for a few more months) for that item. Keeping your goal in sight will help you reach it faster! 9 Year Mortgage wishes you the best of luck in your quest for financial freedom!
Will the 9 Year Mortgage Financial Plan work for me?
Find out what thousands of satisfied clients already know about taking control of their finances, and using the power of reverse compounding interest to beat the banks at their own game!
9 Year Mortgage Representatives are standing by to answer all of your questions about our program, including how soon you will be debt free, and how much money you will save in interest!